Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Last Week of 2011

     Back to work tomorrow for Mr. Fisch and me.  Although these 11 days have seemed to fly by Christmas also seems like ages ago already.  Here's a quick recap of Christmas and the week afterwards:
      We spent Christmas eve at Fisch's parent's house.  We went to church, ate lots of food, drank Grasshoppers, and each got to open one present.  It makes me happy Fisch's family does the whole one present thing on Christmas Eve, too.  The next morning we woke up, opened the rest of our gifts and headed to my parent's house.
     Hung out with the family and ate lots of food.  For the first time in 15 years we had a baby present so lil Wilson pretty much stole the show and provided much entertainment. It was so great to see almost the whole family all in one place.  The Packers winning agaisnt the Bears was just the cherry on top of a great day.
... And then I got sick with the worst cold I have ever had. Like my head felt detatched from my head, my throat felt like it was on fire and I was coughing up my lung kind of sick...for the next 4 days.  Yup pretty much spent my break laying on the couch, watching TV and napping.  Fisch luckily did not get sick and tried his best to keep my comfy while the rest of the time avoiding me and my germs. Not the best way to spend winter break but it did serve as a good reminder to take care of myself so I don't have a repeat on Spring Break. 
     Thank goodness I felt well enough on Friday so we could go hang out with some old friends at their annual Friends Holiday Party. It was so nice to see everyone and have a little fun after days of not even going outside.  
     Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and break (if you were lucky enough to get one)!  I'll be back with pictures from New Years Eve soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment