Sunday, August 12, 2012

My big accomplishment of the day...

...wasn't such a big accomplishment.  
It was,though, a very delicious accomplishment.
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this recipe for 
"Banoffee 'Danger' Pie" floating around on Pinterest.
I decided a lazy Sunday was the perfect time to try it.
I have to say I am very glad I did.  
This pie is flippin' delicious and super easy to make...
especially if you use store bought crust and whipped cream 
like I did :)
Ingredients
2-3 bananas
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
whipped cream/ cool whip
  graham cracker pie crust
pecans (my addition which turned out to be delicious)

1. Remove label and submerge can of sweetened condensed milk in pot of water.  Boil, covered, for 2 1/2 hours.
*Make sure the can stays covered with water!!* 
Take out and let cool.  
You have now made delicious toffee!!!

2.  Slice bananas and layer in the crust.  Add pecans if you want.

3. Open toffee can, mix with knife until smooth, pour on bananas.
4. Spread whipped cream over the pie.

5. Refrigerate for an hour... if you can wait that long. 

Enjoy!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment