Thursday, February 2, 2012

Art Night Est. 2-2-12

 
Being an art teacher you would think that I would get to make lots of art.  I do but it's usually just examples for my lessons.  I rarely make my own which is something I would like to start doing again.  Fisch expressed interest in touching up some of his old stuff as well as maybe starting a new project....which is why we finally established Art Night!  

Tonight's activity, blind contour drawing!  One of my favorite exercises from drawing class. You draw something/somebody with one continuous line and without looking.  It teaches your eye and hand to work together.  The drawings usually turn out pretty hilarious.

Fisch was getting frustrated with not being able to look at his drawing so he started a real portrait of me.  If you look closely you can see it behind his contour drawing of me :)

1 comment:

  1. aw cute! what a neat idea! truthfully in art courses i hated the blind contour...they drove me nuts!

    ReplyDelete