Thursday, June 7, 2012

Schoooools out for Summer!

Today was the last day of school(well, for the kids...my summer doesn't really start until mid July).  The end of my 3rd year of teaching.  The end of the first year in my new district.  
The conclusion I came to today while driving home from a day of sidewalk chalk, popsicles, smiles and hugs, is that I flippin' love teaching!


Of course not every day is chalk and popsicles and fun.  Some days are hard. Some days are spilled paint, piles of paperwork, realizing the reality of some of my students home lives and getting called a "lazy-good-for-nothing-greedy" teacher by the majority of the state you live and teach in.  

Even though the future of public education in WI is looking bleak, I cannot imagine myself in any other career that would bring me as much fulfillment and joy as teaching does.

I'm going to miss my kiddos over the summer :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment